The Ghana Institute of Journalism has received an amount of 5 million cedis as budgetary allocation to facilitate its infrastructural project, President Akufo-Addo has indicated.
The President, who was speaking at the 12th congregation of the institute, assured that monies from the Ghana Education Trust Fund (GETFund) will be released to the school to help complete the lecture halls at the school’s new site at Okponglo. The move he explained, will aid secure in due time, a well-developed structure which will boost training as Ghana’s premium communications university.
“An initial moderate amount of 5 million cedis has been allocated to GIJ in the 2018 budget and the least I can do is to make sure that GETFund release this money to you as soon as possible to help complete the first of many lecture halls complexes and offices here.”
“Government through the ministry of education will support the faculty of this institute to upgrade themselves,” he said.
President Akufo-Addo, also promised that his government will certainly do more to foster a cordial relationship with the institute.
The Journalism Institute at the 12th congregation awarded 870 graduands out of a total undergraduate student population of 4, 124.
The graduating class is made up of two categories, those who read for a Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree in Communication Studies and those who have qualified for a diploma in Communication Studies.
For the Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Communications Studies, the school awarded a total number of 602, thus, 311 for the Journalism option and 291 for Public Relations option. Whilst a total of 268 students graduated with a Diploma in Communication Studies.
Credit: Ghana Web
- GIJ holds 18th matriculation - September 29, 2018
- GIJ SRC moves to save child with cancer - September 27, 2018
- Reliable internet connection is coming – GIJ SRC assures students - September 10, 2018
- GIJ SRC celebrates 100 days in office today - September 10, 2018
- GIJ students rejoice over extension of reopening date - August 9, 2018
- Ghana Institute of Journalism gets new Rector - August 8, 2018
- Government allocates GHC5m to GIJ for infrastructural development – Akufo-Addo - August 3, 2018
- Confusion rocks GIJ as names of hundreds of graduating students excluded from graduating lists - August 2, 2018
- See photos of GIJ’s new campus at Dzorwulu - July 28, 2018
- GIJ releases 2018/2019 admission list - July 27, 2018