University of Ghana Legon is set to hold a matriculation ceremony for all students admitted for the 2018/2019 academic year. All newly admitted students of the university are expected to be present on the matriculation ceremony on Saturday the 22nd day of September 2018 at exactly 8:15 am.
All fresh students and members of Convocation are obliged to attend this important academic ceremony.
Below is the outline of the most important exercises to undertake
- This year’s Matriculation Ceremony will take place on Saturday, September 22, 2018 at the Athletics Oval, opposite Central Cafeteria. Freshmen should be seated by 8:15a.m.
- Freshmen/women should note that it is obligatory for every student enrolled in the University of Ghana for the first time to go through the rites of Matriculation and sign the Matriculation Oath; failure of which the studentship shall be cancelled.
- Freshmen/women are required to endorse the matriculation oath online. To register, students should click the link “Fresh Students Matriculation Registration” under the featured links on the right side of the University of Ghana homepage. Following this, students will take the Matriculation Oath during the Ceremony.
- Post-graduate and Post-First Degree LLB students who have enrolled in the University of Ghana for the first time are also expected to matriculate.
- Matriculants will be seated according to Colleges.
- The prescribed attire is BLACK MATRICULATION GOWN OVER FORMAL DRESS.
- Students are to present copies of their admission letters to collect the gowns at no cost at the following collection points:
- Resident students – Offices of Senior Tutors – Halls of residence
- Non-resident students – College Academic Offices.
- City Campus Freshmen – Accra City Campus
- Graduate Freshmen – School of Graduate Studies
- The gowns may be returned to the collection points by 2.00pm after the Ceremony. Failure to return the gown by Wednesday, September 26, 2018shall invoke the appropriate penalty.
Ag. Director (Academic Affairs Directorate)
READ ALSO >>> WHAT TO WEAR ON YOUR MATRICULATION DAY