The University of Ghana Student Representative Council SRC election for the 2019 election year has been scheduled to take place on Wednesday the 10th day of April 2019.
This new date was made known by the SRC electoral commissioner who has also confirmed that the whole electoral calendar for the 2019 UGSRC Election has been presented to the Dean of students for approval.
Filing of nominations is expected to be between 17th through to the 24th of March 2019 by interested persons willing to contest the various positions within the student union. These persons must make sure they meet all requirements most importantly meeting the 3.0 GPA required to hold any position within the student union.
Below is the proposed timetable presented to the Dean for approval;
- Open and Close of Nominations – 17th at 6:00 pm to 24th March at 6:00 pm
- Vetting by SRC Vetting Panel – 29th March at 6:00 pm
- Declaration of Vetting Results – 30th March
- Lifting of Ban on Campaigning – 30th March
- Face to Face at Korle-Bu – 3rd April at 5:300 pm
- Face to Face at City Campus – 5th April at 5:00 pm
- Radio Univers Presidential Debate – 7th April at 6:00 pm
- Meeting the Candidates, Balloting and submitting of Polling Agents – 8th April
- Face to Face and Manifesto Reading at Legon Campus – Monday 8th April at 6:00 pm
- Ban on Campaign Tuesday 9th April at 12:00 midnight
- Election Day and Declaration of Provisional Results – Wednesday 10th April
- Publication of Final Results – Saturday, 12th April