Things We Covered
- 1 University Of Ghana Legon 2020/2021 Admission Forms
- 1.1 How To Apply University Of Ghana Legon 2020/2021 Admission Forms
- 1.2 1. GHANAIAN APPLICANTS
- 1.3 2. INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS AND GHANAIANS APPLYING FROM ABROAD
- 1.4 More On This Topic
University Of Ghana Legon 2020/2021 Admission Forms
University Of Ghana Legon 2020/2021 Admission Forms; The University of Ghana announces for the information of the general public, applicants, parents and guardians that applications is opened for the admission of prospective applicants into various undergraduate programmes for the 2020/2021 academic year.
Applicants should take note of the following before applying for the University Of Ghana Legon 2020/2021 Admission Forms:
- All prospective applicants are advised to visit the University’s website www.ug.edu.gh and carefully read all relevant information and guidelines for prospective applicants before applying.
- All applicants who will be writing WASSCE in May/June 2020 are eligible to apply.
- Applicants are expected to collect a free copy of the University of Ghana prospectus from the Bank when they purchase the e-voucher.
- Programmes at the College of Health Sciences, except those offered at the School of Allied Health Sciences, are offered as first choice programmes only.
- For second and third choices, applicants must choose courses from the Sciences.
- There is direct admission of applicants into the various Programmes available in the College of Basic and Applied Sciences. Applicants will be expected to select up to four (4) choices in order of preference.
- Applicants who select either B.Sc. Administration or Bachelor of Laws (LLB) as first choice are advised strongly to select bouquets from the Bachelor of Arts programme as second choice to enhance their chances of gaining admission.
- For the Bachelor of Arts (BA) programme, applicants are required to select subjects from the list of bouquets provided. Up to four (4) subject bouquets must be selected in order of preference.
- All students entering the BA progamme must offer three (3) subjects at Level 100, two (2) subjects at Level 200 and Level 300 and either two (2) subjects or one (1) subject at Level 400.
- Qualified Applicants to the Bachelor’s degree on the Legon Campus who are unable to meet the competitive cut-off points determined by the Admissions Board for admission to preferred programmes of study may opt for the Fee-paying Scheme. Interested applicants must indicate this option on their application forms.
- Mature Students Admission has been re-introduced into the Bachelor of Arts Distance Education (DE) Programme with effect from the 2017/2018 academic year.
- All applications must be submitted ONLINE at http://admission.ug.edu.gh on the purchase of the University of Ghana application e-voucher.
- All applicants will be considered on the basis of result equivalents as provided by the National Council for Tertiary Education (NCTE), as per schedule below:
|A1||1 Excellent||A||1 – Excellent|
|B2||2 – Very Good||B||2 – Very Good|
|B3||3 – Good||C||3 – Good|
|C4||4 – Credit||D||4 – Credit|
|C5||5 – Credit||E||5 – Pass|
|C6||6 – Credit||F||6- Fail|
|D7||7 – Pass|
|E8||8 – Pass|
|F9||9 – Fail|
- Qualifications acceptable for admissions include the following: All admissions will be to Level 100.
- Senior Secondary School Certificates (SSSCE/WASSSCE)
- Baccalaureate (French)
- International Baccalaureate (IB)
- GCE (Cambridge) – ‘A’ and ‘O’ Levels
- GCSE & ‘A’ Levels
- American High School – Grade 12 examinations
- Other external qualifications which have equivalences to the WASSSCE/SSSCE and the GCE (A Levels)
- All applicants who have ever attended or graduated with Certificate/Diploma from the University of Ghana from 1996 to date should indicate their **STUDENT IDENTITYNUMBERS** on their application forms. The same number will be used in the intended programme of study if admitted.
- Since the 2007/2008 academic year, the University of Ghana has ceased to admit applicants with the West African Examination Council’s Ordinary and Advanced Level Certificates
- All Applicants must take note that the process for admission to the University of Ghana is very transparent. Applicants should therefore beware of any persons who may approach them on the pretext of assisting them gain admission for a fee.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST ENSURE THAT THEIR ON-LINE APPLICATIONS ARE CORRECTLY FILLED AND SUBMITTED
How To Apply University Of Ghana Legon 2020/2021 Admission Forms
All prospective applicants are to take note that, the University Of Ghana Legon 2020/2021 Admission application will fully be done online.
Below are the step by step procedures to apply online for admission.
1. GHANAIAN APPLICANTS
University of Ghana online application E-VOUCHERS can be obtained by Ghanaian applicants for GH¢200.00 at the following banks: Ecobank, Republic Bank, Agricultural Development Bank, Ghana Commercial Bank, Zenith Bank, Universal Merchant Bank, Consolidated Bank Ghana (CBG), Prudential Bank and Fidelity Bank. Ghanaian applicants in the following categories are expected to apply using the E-VOUCHER:
WASSSCE/SSSCE Applicants and Ghanaians with Foreign Background
WASSCE/SSSCE applicants and Ghanaians who apply with foreign qualifications from schools which write the International Baccalaureate (IB) and the IGCSE such as Alpha Beta, Faith Montessori International School, Ghana International School, New Nation International School, SOS – Hermann GMEINER International College and Tema International School etc., should do the following:
At any of the Banks listed above, applicants will be required to indicate their names, mobile phone numbers and e-mail addresses on the bank voucher before they are served. Those without e-mail addresses will however not be disadvantaged. A confirmation of their Pin will be sent to their mobile phones. After purchasing the e-voucher, applicants should CAREFULLY follow the instructions given. After the application has been submitted on-line, the e-voucher should be kept in a safe place as it may be required by applicants when accessing their admission status at a later date.
DIPLOMA/HND TO DEGREE APPLICANTS
After buying the e-voucher, Diploma/HND to Degree applicants are expected to scan and attach the following documents to their online application forms:
- Diploma/HND transcripts
- Where applicable, certified copies of ‘O’ and ‘A’ Level certificates/result slips
The pay-in-slips together with applicants’ certificates/result slips should be scanned and attached to the application form before submission online. The certificates/results slips should be scanned into one PDF or WORD document and attached to the application form.
2. INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS AND GHANAIANS APPLYING FROM ABROAD
All applicants are expected to pay to the University a non-refundable application processing fee of US$110.00.This fee can be paid directly or wire transferred into the University of Ghana ECOBANK Account.
Details of the Account are:
|Account Name:||University of Ghana Foreign Students Fees|
|Bank Details:||Ecobank Ghana Limited, Legon Branch|
or International Transfer through Ecobank (2441000716652 or 1441000716647
or Payment with Credit Card on the GT payment platform.
The pay-in-slips together with applicants’ certificates/result slips should be scanned and attached to the application form before submission online. The certificates/ results slips should be scanned into one PDF or Word document and attached to the application form.