University For Development Studies UDS 2019/2020 Admission Forms
(UDS) will be opened to all applicants undergraduate programmes for the 2019/2020 academic year in December 2018.
UDS ADMISSION – GENERAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
i. WASSCE Holders (for Degree Programmes)
WASSCE holders seeking admission into Degree programmes must have at least C6 in all their three Core and three Elective Subjects.
WASSCE holders who have Grade D7 or E8 or F9 in any one of their three Core or three Elective subjects are advised not to apply for a degree programme.
Candidates should therefore possess, at least, credit scores/grades in the following:
- Three core subjects (English Language, Mathematics (Core) and Integrated Science / Social Studies).
- Any three elective subjects in the relevant programmes.
- Aggregate Score of the best six subjects (three core and three electives) must not exceed 3. However, admissions will be on competitive basis, and various programmes offered in UDS have their cut-off points much lower than aggregate 36 for WASSCE.
- Candidates should note that Social Studies is not an elective subject.
- For candidates who read Arts and Business subjects at WASSCE, a grade inSocial Studies may be used in place of the grade in Integrated Science in the calculation of their aggregates if the Social Studies grade is better than the grade in Integrated Science. This is however on condition that the candidate has at least a pass in Integrated Science.
- For Science students, however,Social Studies (Core) does not replace Integrated Science (Core) in the calculation of candidates’ aggregates.
ii. WASSCE Holders (for Diploma Programmes)
Candidates who do not meet the requirements for Degree programmes in UDS are advised to apply for any one of the Diploma programmes (Diploma in Integrated Community Development, Diploma in Integrated Business Studies, and Diploma in Development Management, all of which are offered at the Wa Campus; Diploma in Development Education is offered in Tamale Campus; Diploma in Statistics and Diploma in Computer Science are both offered in Navrongo Campus; and Diploma in Social Change Communication is offered in Nyankpala Campus)
- To be admitted into a Diploma programme,three credits passes in the area ofspecialization (elective subjects) and at leasttwo passes ( D7 or better) in EnglishLanguage and Mathematics in WASSCE is required. Any candidate without a pass in English Language and Mathematics (core) need not apply for the Diploma. It is not likely that all candidates with the minimum requirements for Diploma programmes will be admitted. Preference will be given to candidates who have good grades/credit passes.
Candidates, who have met the requirements for Degree programmes (Credits in three electives and three core subjects), but have aggregates that are not good enough may be admitted into Diploma programmes.
iii. HND and other Diploma Holders Seeking Admission into Degree Programmes
HND and other Diploma applicants seeking admission to Degree programmes should possess at least a:
- Second Class Lower or better in related programmes would be admitted into Level 200;
- Third Class or Pass would be considered for admission to Level 100.
- Candidates would be required to pass a selection interview to be conducted by the University. The interviews are scheduled for Friday June 22, 2018, at theTamale Campus.
1. Registered Nurses
Applicants to the 3-Year BSc Nurse Practitioner programme or 2/3-Year BSc Nursing programme must be Registered Nurses with a Diploma or State Registered Nurses Certificate and at least three years working experience. Candidates without three years working experience are advised not to apply.
For the BSc Nurse Anaesthesia programme, candidates should have one of the following: RGN (Diploma) with a minimum of 3 years post-registration working experience, RGN (BSc Nursing) with 2 years post-registration working experience and Advanced Diploma in Nurse Anaesthesia with 2 years working experience
2. Calculation of Aggregates
For the avoidance of doubt, the University for Development Studies has adopted the WASSCE system for computation of final aggregates. Equivalences are as follows:
MODE OF APPLICATION FOR DOMESTIC (GHANAIAN) APPLICANTS
All Ghanaian applicants for the 2019 Academic Year admissions are required to use the UDS online application portal. The procedure for the online application process is as follows:
i. Make a payment of GH¢ 180.00 (One Hundred and Eighty Ghana Cedis) for the UDS E-Voucher at any Ghana Commercial Bank (GCB), Prudential Bank, Zenith Bank, Agricultural Development Bank (ADB) , Stanbic Bank and Ecobank branches throughout the country.
ii. The E-Voucher contains the Pin, and Serial Number required in completing the online form.
iii. Access the online form by visiting our online admissions portal here soon after payment.
i. Visit UDS online admission portal here with a Master Card or Visa Card to make an online payment of GHC180.00 (One Hundred and Eighty Ghana Cedis)
ii. Print the advice slip for future reference.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS AND GHANAIANS APPLYING FROM ABROAD
Foreign applicants and ghanaian applicants outisde Ghana can purchase a set of application forms online for US $100.00(One Hundred Dollars).
SUBMISSION OF COMPLETED APPLICATION FORMS
The closing date for the submission on completed application forms is Monday, 30th April 2019 for mature applicants and Friday, 29th June, 2019 for direct and post diploma applicants.