Private BECE registration procedure for 2018 candidates
WAEC has opened the portal for those willing to take the Basic Education Certificate Examination BECE as private candidates for the 2018 examination year to register.
We bring you the step by step procedure for the BECE private registration online.
PRIVATE BECE REGISTRATION STEPS SIMPLIFIED
Open the registration website. Select link to BECE-PC.
Click on START REGISTRATION HERE.
RE-SITTERS– provide index number for last sitting and continue. FIRST-TIMERS– provide your date of birth and continue.
Fill in the required security data, i.e. password, security question, etc. Fill in your personal information.
Select your Region and then District where you wish to take the examination.
Upload your image (recent passport-sized photograph with a white background) and your signature (written in blue or black ink).
Select the subject(s) you intend to write.
Print your voucher and send to any of the banks listed in item 14.
Print your Declaration Form for endorsement by your parent/guardian and submit same to the WAEC office in your region.
Pay the appropriate fees at the participating banks only.
Use your PIN/Invoice Number to access your Index Number and Admission Notice from
15th January, 2018.
Please ensure that you have carefully read through the Manual for Registration before you proceed to register.
1- LOGIN INFORMATION
Start the registration by creating a profile for yourself using a valid email address and password. This email address and password will be used for subsequent logins. On successful login or profile creation, you will be directed to the Registration Page.
2- CANDIDATE’S PERSONAL INFORMATION
Candidates are Required to enter their surnames FIRST Before OTHER NAMES.You are also required to enter your personal information which includes: Name, Date of Birth, Region, Email Address, Postal Address, and Disability. Note that your name must not be more than 40 characters. This includes spaces between the first name, last name and initials. Your postal address must not be more than 60 characters, including spaces.
In addition to Personal Information, you will be required to supply Centre and Subject Information
- Select the region and centre at which you wish to write the examination. The exact venue will be assigned to you later.
- Select the subjects you wish to register for the examination. Please note that the maximum number of subjects allowed is 9.
YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO UPLOAD YOUR SCANNED RECENT PASSPORT SIZED PHOTOGRAPH AND SIGNATURE. PLEASE MAKE SURE THE SIGNATURE YOU GIVE IS THE ONE YOU USUALLY USE.
The dimensions of the scanned photograph should be between 160 pixels (Width) by 200pixels (Height). The dimensions of the scanned signature should be between 250 pixels (Width) by 150 pixels (Height).
On completion of the Registration Form, Click on the Preview Button to review your form.
Finally on click of Submit button the system will complete the Registration process and generate an Invoice showing amount due. You are required to print this invoice and take it to the bank for payment.
4- BIODATA MODIFICATION AND ADDITION OF SUBJECTS
After payment must have been made at the bank, Candidates wishing to change their Biodata and or add more subjects are required to use the Penalty module to do so.
To use this module, follow these steps:
- Login with email and password, select Penalty Type.
- Make the required modification and submit following the same process as outlined in Fresh Registration above. An invoice for the modification will be generated for candidates to print and take to the bank for payment.
Please note that these modifications will not be effected in the system unless payment is made at the bank.
6- PRINTING OF CONFIRMATION PAGE
Candidates are required to visit this site for printing of Confirmation Page after making payment at the bank.
Instructions to private BECE Candidates
- Candidates are required to capture (enroll) their fingerprints before they can continue the registration.
- If you don’t have a fingerprint scanner, kindly visit an Internet cafe with facilities to scan your fingerprints
- If you have already enrolled your fingerprints, click here to login and continue your registration.
- If you want to enroll your fingerprint at home, click here to download the WAEC Biometric Software
Instructions for Fingerprint Scanning
- Internet Cafe operators should visit the nearest WAEC office to register their Internet Cafes and obtain a copy of the Biometric Software suite. The suite includes Fingerprint scanner, Biometric softwares, Security token and User manual.
- To view the list of supported fingerprint scanners, Click here
- You are required to obtain login parameters for every fingerprint enrollment. The token would be issued to you during your internet cafe’s registration.
- If you have already installed the software, double click on ‘WAEC Biometric System’ icon on your desktop to launch the application and enroll your fingerprints.
- Private BECE registration procedure
- Private BECE registration Manuel
- Closing date 2018 BECE registration
- Fees for 2018 private BECE registration
- BECE 2018 Timetable
- BECE 2018 examination centres
- WAEC regional contact numbers