How to check WAEC 2017 Result online
How to check WAEC 2017 Result online – The West African Examination Council, WAEC will release the 2017 May/June West African Senior School Certificate Examination results in August.
One of the main concerns of WASSCE candidates is to know when their results would be released and how to check their results online.
How to get the WASSCE results checker scratch card and where to check the results is also another great headache of most candidates.
Follow the procedures outlined below, it tells you How to check WAEC 2017 Result online
Checking of WAEC result is no big deal as most students are made to believe. Follow the procedures outlined below religiously in order to access your WAEC result online.
- Go to WAEC result checking portal at http://www.waecdirect.org.
- Enter your WAEC Examination Number in the required column.
- Select your Examination Year i.e. 2017
- Select your Type of Examination i.e. MAY/JUNE WASSCE
- Enter the Card Serial Number found on the reverse side of the WAEC result checking scratch card.
- Enter the PIN on your Scratch card.
- Finally, click “Submit” button to get your 2017 WAEC Result.
The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) will officially release the results of the 2017/18 West African Secondary School Certificate Examination (WASSCE 2017/2018 results) hopefully in the first week of August.
The WASSCE results for the 2017/2018 examination year when released can only be checked online using the WAEC scratch card. The WAEC scratch card which will be used to check the results will be made available for sale throughout the country. The scratch cards will be offered for sale at a very moderate price so as to encourage everyone to check his or her results.
Students are encourage to check their WASSCE results online using the result checker portal as soon as the results are released. They are therefore required to wait patiently for the hard copy or the official copy of their results slip to be sent to their respective schools.
The following steps must be followed religiously to check the WASSCE 2017/18 results after purchasing the WAEC scratch card.
- Enter your Index Number. The index number is the unique identification number assigned to every candidate during the examination.
- Select the Type of Examination (e.g. WASSCE).
- Select your Examination Year eg. 2017. You are to select the year in which the examination was taken.
- Enter the Card Serial Number found on the reverse side of your Scratch card. The serial number is written on the WAEC scratch card.
- Enter the 12-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN) on your Scratch card eg. 012345678912. This can also be found on the WAEC scratch card to be bought.
- Confirm your Index Number and Examination Year. This is to ensure that your examination information is correct. Make sure all information provided are adequate in order to help us display the right result to you.
- Click on Submit and wait for the display in the popup window. You are to click on the submit button and wait patiently for the results to be displayed on your device.
All candidates are to note that a single WAEC scratch card can only be used by one candidate to check his or her WASSCE 2017 result or for any other year. The card can however be used to check the results at three different times.