Table Of Contents
The Dean of Students Affairs Professor Francis Nunoo together with the newly sworn in President of the SRC Mr. Daniel Otting Awuah have both reiterated their commitments towards finding a lasting solution to ensuing conflict between the two Halls of residence in the University of Ghana.
The two were speaking at the SRC Excellence Awards and Handing Over Ceremony last week at the Great Hall with the Dean of Students revealing that the issue had been discussed extensively at convocation.
Over the past few years, the conflict between the two halls have degenerated into very chaotic situations leading to bloodshed in some instances and the burning of cars and vandalizing of other school properties.
It is unclear what had led to the conflict but substantive batches of students who are admitted into these two halls of residence have joined in the conflict, sometimes, without even knowing the genesis of the conflict.
Both halls have been made to pay fines in many instances.
- Gilles Ametepe Adds Voice To Calls To Extensively Reform The SRC - May 31, 2017
- I’ll Work With My Competitors – Daniel Otting Awuah - May 31, 2017
- I Was Dean Of Students Weakest Point – Outgone SRC President - May 31, 2017
- We’ll End The Conflict Between Commonwealth Hall and Mensah Sarbah Hall – Dean of Students and SRC President Commits - May 31, 2017
- Anas To Deliver Lecture at Commonwealth Hall @60 Celebration - May 17, 2017
- LOPA Legon Withdraws Petition Challenging The Election Of Daniel Otting Awuah as SRC President - April 30, 2017
- LOPA Challenges The Election Of Otting As SRC President In Court - April 29, 2017
- Aboraa Sika Marfo, A Mandate Well Delivered - April 28, 2017
- An Open Letter To The SRC President Elect From Kwaku Asante - April 28, 2017
- Daniel Otting Awuah Wins Run Off – Heads Into The Union Building - April 27, 2017