National Service Personnel Nationwide are to expect a 30 Ghana cedis deduction from their allowances this month.
The 30 cedis deduction was birthed at a mini congress held in Kumasi held by National Executives of the National Service Personnel Association (NASPA) and has been seconded by the National Service secretariat, Mr. Mustapha Usif.
According to the NASPA executives, the reason for the deduction is to provide a 2 yard NASPA cloth for both male and female and also fund the NASPA week. 20 cedis is going to be used for the cloth and 10 cedis is going to be used for the NASPA week.
Notably some District Executives of NASPA have kicked against the move by the National Executives to deduct money from the allowances of personnel. The LANMMA District Executives have been the loudest in this protest and have accused the National Executives of shrouding the whole issue in secrecy for whatever their motives are.
The National Executives have defended their stance quoting the NASPA constitution in which there is a provision that gives the Association the right to impose levies and/or duties as and when the need arises. However, those opposing this deduction also argue that the cloth is unnecessary and that during the NSS registration, personnel paid 40 cedis of which 10 cedis is used as NASPA dues hence 10 cedis times over 70,000 personnel would show the amount of money they get for running NASPA and organizing week celebrations.
Questions have also been raised about how the procurement of the said cloths would be done, the company going to print the cloths and even whether the cloths would be available to Personnel before they vacate post. Blames are also being thrown at the Secretariat for not informing personnel before deducting anything from their allowances and also not vetting the decision of the National Executives well enough. Many are wondering why such a decision is being shoved down the throat of personnel
Not surprisingly, many personnel are of the view that these executives do not have their interest at heart and want to divert funds into their pockets. National Executives are tight lipped on this development.
- Derrick Schandorf Ayirebi Acquah Defers Again? - September 14, 2018
- Another Busia Surfaces - April 4, 2018
- Busia Finally Decides - April 1, 2018
- Busia, A Talent Gone Waste! - March 27, 2018
- Hundreds Troop In To Watch Valentine’s Day Soccer Event At Legon - February 16, 2018
- UGSRC Prez Congratulates UGPH On Winning Debate - December 7, 2017
- PICAPP FOODS: A Lifestyle Choice - September 14, 2017
- Young people and Survival; The harm you do. - August 29, 2017
- Who Is To Be Blamed? - August 29, 2017
- LANMMA National Service Personnel Donate to Madina Kekele Polyclinic - August 17, 2017