Table Of Contents
JULIUS JAYSON A. BOTCHWAY COMMONWEALTH HALL (H22)
September 25, 2016._
THE JCR PRESIDENT COMMONWEALTH HALL
VANDALS CAN NOT WATER AN UNPLANTED PLANT
➖ ➖ ➖ ➖ ➖ ➖
I humbly write to your noble office as the Secretary of the Welfare Committee of Commonwealth Hall.This letter has become very necessary especially considering the brouhaha that is steaming from the current developments of our Generator (Plant).
To enlighten the very few of us who are not in the known, I would like to give a brief commentary about the developments as far as the above subject is concerned.
Towards the denouement of the 2014/2015 academic year, students of the University Of Ghana, of
which Commonwealth Hall residents are undoubtedly a part of, were mandatorily tasked to pay an amount of GH₵ 100 towards the procurement of Generators for the respective halls of residence.
This submission was a very unwelcoming to the student front, especially because it came with a very short notice. Having no option because payment of the said levy was a pre-requisite to course registration, students of Commonwealth Hall complied.
Even the then, level 400s who had less than a semester to graduate were equally made to pay 50% of the assigned levy.
Moving forward, the level 100s of the 2015/2016 academic year were equally compelled to pay GH₵ 100 towards the buying of this said back-up-generator.
Mr. President, a short man is not a boy.
This year’s level 100s were also tasked to pay and I must say, have paid for this same subject.
As if that was not enough, there has also been a directive from the office of the Provost, Prof. Kwame Offei instructing all residents to pay GH₵30 as fee for fueling this white elephant. And I understand deductions are going to made from our JCR Refundable Deposits to settle that. Despite the procurement-levies imposed on every level 100 resident over the years, Vandals have never heard the sound of this supposedly generator ,as to whether, “mooo or maaa”.
Not even in the climaxing period of the the “dumsor”.
Honorable President, you are doing great and I must say, I really admire you but if you sit aloof and watch these unlawful, heartless, insensitive happenings continue it sincerely will not be the same because, “one who goes to bed with itchy anus will surely wake up with smelly fingers”. I advise you take action in the shortest possible time.
I would end by reminding you, VANDALS CANNOT WATER AN UNPRODUCTIVE PLANT.
*Julius Jayson A. Botchway*
The SRC President
SRC Executive Committee
Src General Assembly
All JCR Presidents
All notice boards
All UG whatsapp platforms
- National Service Personnel to Receive 520.59 Cedis in June - June 21, 2017
- A Nation On Her Knees; Bad Governance And Individualism To Blame - June 20, 2017
- Open Letter To The UGSRC President - June 13, 2017
- Africa Hall KNUST Launches Golden Jubilee Anniversary - June 9, 2017
- NSS April Allowance To Be Paid on Friday - May 4, 2017
- SRC Excellence Awards Nominations, Fairness or The Usual Bias - April 30, 2017
- iEcoAfrica Agripreneurship Challenge Underway - April 19, 2017
- LOPA Urges Students To Vote In Upcoming Elections - April 10, 2017
- “Otting Didn’t Need ‘Unnecessary’ TESCON Endorsement” – DUNCAN - April 10, 2017
- Over 20 Individuals Attempted Hacking UG MIS - April 10, 2017