APPLY NOW: MTN Ghana launches bright scholarships
MTN Ghana Foundation is inviting students to apply for its Bright Scholarships, which is opened from April, 3 to May, 3 2018.
A statement issued in Accra by Mrs Georgina Asare Fiagbenu, Senior Manager Corporate Communications, said the Foundation would award 100 scholarships to students in public tertiary institutions each year for three years.
“In all, 300 scholarships will be awarded over a period of three years,” it added.
It said beneficiaries would be selected from all 10 regions of Ghana with the scholarships covering the cost of tuition, accommodation and a stipend for books and other relevant reading materials.
The statement said the scholarship was opened to both senor high school graduates and continuing students in public universities.
It said for high school graduates to qualify for MTN Bright Scholarship, they should have credit passes in six (6) subjects with an overall aggregate of 24 at the WASSCE/SSSCE respectively.
It said three of the six subjects should be core subjects- English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies and the other three must be in applicant’s respective electives.
It said continuing students’ applicants should have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and be involved in extra-curricular activities.
Qualified applicants can apply through-Scholarships.mtn.com.gh or visit any MTN Service Center for applications forms.
Mr Samuel Koranteng, the Acting Corporate Services Executive of MTN, said, “Over the years, MTN identified the crucial role funding plays in helping brilliant and needy students to achieve their dreams and aspirations.”
He said in view of that, the Foundation made conscious efforts to ease that burden by awarding scholarships such as the MTN Bright scholarships to enable these students to complete their education.
The commencement of the Bright Scholarships is in honour of the promise MTN made to Ghanaians during the commemoration of its 20th Anniversary in 2016.
For over 20 years, the Foundation has awarded over 1000 scholarships to students from basic school to tertiary level.
The statement said aside the Bright Scholarship, MTN Ghana Foundation launched the Teacher Improvement Award Programme in 2015 and since the inception of the programme, 60 teachers have been awarded scholarships to pursue First or Master’s degree at the University of Cape Coast and the University Education, Winneba.
MTN Bright Scholarship falls under education, which is one of the three focus areas of the MTN Ghana Foundation and since the launch of the Foundation in 2007, it has invested in over 82 educational projects across the country.
Some of these projects include a boys’ dormitory block for Akropong School for the blind, a six-unit classroom block for Kodjonya Millennium School, eight unit dormitory block for Owerriman SHS, a three unit classroom block for Akatsi, 108 Seater Library at Tsito Senior High School and the provision of over 1000 scholarships for needy but brilliant students across the country.
It said MTN Ghana Foundation would continue to commit resources to support initiatives such as this to enhance capacity building.
- How to Apply to All Tertiary Schools for 2019/2020 Admissions - October 23, 2018
- Tamale Community Health Nurses Training School 2019/2020 Programmes - October 23, 2018
- Sekondi Nurses & Midwifery Training College 2019/2020 Programmes - October 23, 2018
- Pantang Nurses Training College 2019/2020 Programmes - October 23, 2018
- Dunkwa-on-Offin Nursing and Midwifery Training College 2019/2020 Programmes - October 23, 2018
- Korle Bu Nursing and Midwifery Training College 2019/2020 Programmes - October 23, 2018
- Kpembe Nursing and Midwifery Training College 2019/2020 Programmes - October 23, 2018
- Ho Nursing Training College 2019/2020 Programmes - October 23, 2018
- Nandom Midwifery Training College 2019/2020 Programmes - October 23, 2018
- Hohoe Midwifery Training College 2019/2020 Programmes - October 23, 2018